This creamy blend can be made with bits of what’s in the pantry or fridge – left overs from a party or BBQ.
If using barbecued capsicum/eggplant/zucchini – will add a lovely smokey flavour.
Some or all of these ingredients blended will make a delicious paste for many uses.
- oven dried tomatoes*
- preserved eggplant
- preserved artichokes
- grilled capsicum/eggplant/zucchini
- herbs (fresh basil or oregano etc)
- garlic *depends on tomatoes/olives etc
Use a beautiful extra virgin olive oil and blend individually for a smooth paste, then gently blend it all together.
Top with extra virgin olive oil and store in the fridge. Use it:
- in pasta salad
- spread on toast and topped with a mild cheese
- spread on pizza base and topped with your favourite cheese
- dollop with cauliflower
- dollop on steak
- dollop on chicken Parmigiana